Thursday, April 11, 2019

Sources of Inspiration - 01

My Black-Library journey started this year with Dan Abnett's 'Eisenhorn: Xenos', 'Eisenhorn:  Malleus' and 'Black Stone Fortress' by Darius Hinks. All three books are awesome in my opinion and I can't wait to continue with 'Eisenhorn: Hereticus'. On my ongoing search for INQ28 inspiration I am looking for books, which are based on characters and story, rather than a Space Marines battle report on 400 pages.

To introduce something new to my blog, I thought I could do something like a book recommendation.
Please notice that I actually read the German editions. I won't write a review for these books, so you can discover them for youself, if you havn't done already.

So, the last book I finished just a few minutes ago, is 'Path of the Renegade' by Andy Chambers.


This book offers great insights of characters and features a lot of aspects of the Drukhari and even the Craftworld and Exodite Aeldari. If you're looking for a Drukhari-Warband template, you'll find one in this book!

Thanks a lot for your visit and stay tuned! 

2 comments:

  1. Been reading a lot of BL myself for the past year. Eisenhorn and Ravenor series are must reads. I also really enjoyed Pariah concerning Alizbeth Bequin. The Gaunts Ghost series is also excellent and highly recommended. My favourite of all the Space Marine novels has been the The Night Lords Trilogy by Aaron Dembski-Bowden also Talons of Horus. Just started the HH series. Thank God for Kindle:). Will have a look at the Drukhari recommendation. Good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark.
    Eisenhorn, Ravenor and Pariah are already waiting in my book-shelf ;-).
    I've heard so many good things about the Gaunts Ghosts series and I will follow your recommandation for sure.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete