Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Slaanesh Champion - WIP #1

For my Slannesh Cult I startet working on a Chaos Space Marine Champion. I really like the Primaris Reivers and want to try to convert one into a Chaos model. Also it was the biggest 'standard' Marine I have in my collection. I startet with the leg and tosro of a Reiver and added the axe and arm from the Aspiring Champion. Next I removed the skull from the breast plate and added a small plate from a Kairic Acolyte.


On his front I also added the cloth from a Rubric Marine and a lace with a skull and a bone from an Abhorrant Ghoul King. The hook next to it is taken from the Terrorgheist kit. I also added a pistol holster from the old Chaos Marines on his back and two tiny spikes on the sides of his shins. These were cutted off a Hormagaunt arm.



I needed a bit green stuff to extend the lace to his belt and the small tube on the shoulder pad .


For the head I choose the Abhorrant Ghoul King's one. I glued on a rounded plastic piece to create a neck and made a transition with green stuff.



To give it a rather more Space Marine appearance I cutted off the sides of a Chaos Marine Helmet and glued them on.




Afterwards I filled the gaps with Green Stuff.




My Champion still needed a second arm. I wanted to underline the look of a possesed character and choosed an weird arm from the Putrid Blightkings. I added green stuff in his armpit and tried to achive that it looks like the amour and flesh were melted together.


The second shoulderpad is from the new Shadowspear box. I think it's the only single one in it.
All I have to do was removing the chains.


Then I glued on the arm, shoulderpad and head to get the desired pose.


I like his appearance so far, but I think the transition between flesh and armour needs some more details to work. So let us add some tubes.


Everytime when working with Green Stuff I have a lot stuff left over, which I transform into tubes with a 'Roll-Maker' to have them ready for cases like this. First I drilled a hole where the tube should be.


Afterwards I cut the tubes in the fitting length, put a small drop of plastic glue into the drilled holes and place the tubes. After the glue has dried you can use Green Stuff to fill occurring gaps.



I also added a small tube on the upper side. But this time I used just green stuff and a drop of platic glue to fix it.


Next I added some more details. A spike was glued on the top of the backpack and chains with skulls on the Champion's backside. The backpack is from the Shadowspear box and the other bit is from the Terrorgheist Kit.



Next I cut off that spike of the backpack and searched for something more impressive. I found a nice piece in the seekers of slaanesh kit. It's really huge and I need to see if I still like it another day. I like it when things are designed to work. That is always in my mind when I place a detail, for example the pistol holster. It has to be on the opposite side of the axe, so the model can actually use both weapons.
In this case the banner is so huge, that he would have big struggle indoors or when passing doors.


Please let me know what you think of the champion so far. Is there something that needs to be improved or even removed?

Thanks a lot for your visit, feel welcome to comment and stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Another very promising conversion, mate! I'd suggest some more baroque ornamentation (like some kind of filigree on the breastplate), but I am pretty confident you're already on top of the situation. One thing that really sticks out to me, however, is that, seeing how he already has that somewhat whip like attachment to his left hand, you are basically on the best way to a very cool Lucius the Eternal counts-as/stand-in, if only you were to replace the axe with a wickedly curved sword (incidentally, that particular axe doesn't strike me as particularly Slaaneshi from a visual standpoint, to begin with).

    Oh, and maybe some drug vials here and there? Just sayin'

    Love the choice of head (and the tweaks you have made to it), by the way!!!

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    KS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'count as' Lucius suggestion is perfect and I'll go for that ;-) Thanks! The Axe is already replaced. I also tried to add more ornamentation with green stuff, but that didn't worked. So, I will have to do most of it with the paintjob.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! Hope to update this very soon, so stay tuned ;-)

      Delete