Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Brother Captain Ares

=]Brother Captain Ares[=
Blackshield of the Deathwatch.
Ordo Xenos
Status: classified

I hope you had a nice holiday season and a great start in the new year! I wasn't home for two weeks and I'm finally back at my hobby desk. This model is the last one I've finished in 2019 and also the start of my next warband.

It's basicly a Primaris Reiver with a Grey Knight torso and a custom SMG styled Bolter.
I really had a blast building and painting this model. I wanted something like a truescale marine and combined it with a tactical dreadnougt armour. The pose works quite well and it corrects the shoulder problem slightly. For the colour scheme I wanted to go for the classic one and tried some new techniques like creating texture with stippling.

Rock on guys and stay tuned! The Emperor protects.

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Duke Sliscus and some reinforcements

In the last weeks I finished some reinforcments for my growing Drukhari force.

The first thing I created was Talos Pain Engine. It's a very similar kitbash to my Cronos and the main difference is just the weapon loadout.

Inspired by the Codex and some artworks, I also wanted to start my Wych-Cult. The first units should be some standard Wyches, which are one of the coolest Dark Eldar for me. The Idea was simply a more *cough*naked*cough* dynamic look. And the Daughters of Khaine Witches should serve as a perfect match for my vision, The Kitbash turned out really simple - upper half drukhari, lower half witches and a bit green stuff to correct the transition on there bellys. I'm looking forward to do some more of them soon.

The latest addition was an Archon. I thought a long time about the look of my archon and how I would bring it to life. I had a lot of struggle to find the right bits and create something I was happy with. But fortunatly something really cool happend and I had this Archon on my table:

You may think you have seen this model before - and you are totally right. This model was converted by Adam Wier, back in 2014. It is such a lovely conversion, just look at the small additions to the armour or pistol and the trigger finger. I hope my paintjob does the model justice!
Duke Sliscus and his Trueborn retinue always inspired me, since I first saw them. They actually inspired me to build my Aeldari Corsairs earlier this year. And now they are displayed next to each other. I'm so proud to add Duke Sliscus to my army and I'm really looking forward to let him lead some raids soon! Thank you for this amazing gift!

Stay tuned and thank you very much for your visit!

Friday, November 15, 2019

Thursday, November 14, 2019

I finished another unit for my Dark Eldar army. The latest addition is a unit of three Grotesques. These should appear like the link between my Wracks and the Cronos. My Lady Haemonculus has her very own style as a flesh-twisting artist and I want to show that in my, ehm her creations.
The models are based on a Genestealer torso, which were placed on legs of the Dark Elfs from Blood Bowl. The legs were extended with Wraith-Guard legs. A Scourges back was placed on the shoulders and a Reiver-grav-thing was also placed on the back. The armour which was created this way got it's full effect from the paintjob. The slightly converted heads are from the Wraith-Guards and I really love that Xenomorph-like shape!
Stay tuned and thank you very much for your visit

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Ready for the first raid!

I'm working like a manianc on my first small army, so here is a quick update. I reached approx. 450 - 500 points and this is a really satisfying project so far.

My latest addition to this force are two Venoms. I really like their stealth-bomber-like appearance. These are the most out of the box models I've done so far. The only thing I have changed are the crew's heads.

I have a few plans what I want to add to my coven, so stay tuned and thank you very much for your visit! Best regards!