Friday, March 29, 2019

Tzeentch Warband - Part V

As promised, here is the final Part 4 of my first painting guide.

If you have missed Part 1, click here.
If you have missed Part 2, click here.
If you have missed Part 3, click here.



15. Bases - Base Colours


I used Heavy Brown for the stones and the undergrowth. Then I mixed it with Medium Grey in a 50/50 ratio to increase the brightness a bit. I also washed the skulls with Seraphon Sepia.




16. Bases - Washes


Athonian Camoshade was used to Wash the Undergrowth. Agrax Earthshade for the skulls eye sockets and the rest of the surface.





17. Bases - Drybrush


I used the mix of Heavy Brown / Middle Grey again for a light Drybrush.


18. Bases - Familiar


I highlighted the little Familiar with Luftwaffe Uniform and painted its eyes in the glowing blue.



19. Bases - Skulls


The skulls received a light highlight with Bonewhite.



With that done the painting is completed.


20. Pigments


As a finishing touch, I added some Pigments on the bases surface. I applied them dry straight from the pot. First a layer of Sierra Natural the some spots with Light Sierra.



Afterwards I mixed and spread them with a brush and removed the excess.


To fix the pigments I used a Pigment Fixer. Just take a brush (I recommend a bigger one) and carefully tip on a point of the base. The capillary action will do the rest :-). Repeat this till the whole surface looks wet.






Just let it dry completely and paint the rim of the bases in a desired colour.


If you are interested in my tools, equipment or brushes plesae take a look on the following picture. But you wont find anything special ;-)
 

1. My self-build wet palette
2. DaVinci Drybrush
3. Revell Size 3 for Shades and the Pigment Fixer
4. Revell Size 1 for Shades
5. Citadel Layer M for the Base Colours
6. Citadel Layer S for everthing else
7. Old Citadel Layer M for the Dry Pigments

I can't finish this painting guide without a picture of the finished work. So, here is the 1st wave of my new Warband in all its glory. There will be a separat post with more photos soon. 


As always, thank you very much for your visit, feel welcome to comment and stay tuned!
.

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Just discover your blog, really like your work and your choices of colors.
    Your bases looks terrible, i should really take more time to work on mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate. Nice to hear that you like my work! I thought this basing style works fine for me, but there is always something to improve on ;-)
      Best regards!

      Delete