Friday, May 3, 2019

More Work in Progress

For the Cult of the Changing Destiny I finished the build of the second new member, which I've started last week. First I modified an AdMech backpack from the Ruststalkers and added some cables to his head.




I wanted to achive this well known, lovely and weird 40K-tech style, which is shown in so many artworks, because this cult member will have the roll of a Rogue Astropath, Familiar, Psy-Enhancer, etc. His 'weapon' should be an psy-artefact. I thought the top of a Rubric Sorcerer's Staff  would look very promising for that. For the arms I used a shortened pair from the Crypt Ghouls. The hand which holds the artefact was bended a bit, so it could hold the sphere. I also drilled holes in the artefact and the backpack.




I used a Green Stuff cable to connect the sphere with his backpack.


Afterwards I sculpted some sleeves.




After this step I used a Van Saar bit for more cables, added another cable to the backpack, glued on some smaller tzeentchian bits, filled tiny gaps with Green Stuff and glued him on a base.






Last but not least, I completed the base as you can see here. And he was ready for the Primer. I really like this small weird character. So far so good.

Next thing to continue with was my Herald of Slaanesh. I added a scarf with Green Stuff and two plates from a Rubric Marine's loincloth.






Then I searched for a right sized head. And searched. And searched. Finally I found one in my Crypt Ghoul 'Start Collecting' Box. The Crypt Horror Head seemed to be the only available option, if I don't want to sculpt a complete head. That would be a very hard task according to my modest sculpting skills. So I tried to convert it into a mask, which should look similar to the cultist's ones. So the cultists have their masks to praise and emulate their Herald. I think that is a nice lore / background detail for my Cult, btw.
I cutted off the big ears, the nose, etc. and added the first layer of Green Stuff.



After the first (crappy) layer was dried I added a second Green Stuff layer to redifine the shapes. I also added horns, which I took from a Skyfire Tzaangor's bow. I took my cam to take a photo and the head was gone. Seriously, it was gone and I havn't found it till today. No questions, please.

So, I started a new attempt. And this time the result of the first layer was so much better. Just take a look. Everything happens for a reason, I guess.



Thanks a lot for your visit, feel welcome to comment and stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff the little dude is looking very....weird! But in a good way:). So the missing head fell victim of the carpet monster??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to seeing the finished snake slaanesh man.

    ReplyDelete