Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Celgatta Clan


The Celgatta Clan, a shadowy organisation of life-long trained mercenaries is specialized in tasks like assassinations, bounty hunting or personal security. The gathered power and wealth gives the clan access to some of the best equipment and weapons you can find in the imperium.


The noble House Liskus hired the Celgatta Clan to infiltrate the Ondroma System and make sure that House Liskus receives that invaluable STC. Lady Amitra Liskus herself, heir to the Liskus trading empire will team up with the Celgatta operatives at their designated location and take command on this glorious and advantageous mission.


But the Celgatta task force receives new mission parameters, whilst they are already on their way to the Ondroma system. Lady Amitra Liskus hasn’t come back yet from a risky treasure hunt on the Primogenitor. Her ship was seriously damaged and now she is trapped inside the recently discovered space hulk. The last vox transmissions were... unsetteling.


Their updated mission seems to be easy. Infiltrate the Primogenitor, search and rescue Lady Amitra Liskus and head to the Ondroma System ASAP.


Hubris is a lesson they will learn soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------- 




These kitbashes are basically all based on Delaque torsos, Palatine Enforcer legs and all kinds of GSC Arms. I used my trusty hobby knive to trim the shoulder pads of the GSC arms and also the Enforcers legs to get a nice fitting of the transitions. A little green stuff here and there and the parts fit really nicely together.
Some other parts I used are as the following: The Heavy Bolter is from the SM Scouts, and the Breacher's axe is from the Warcry Cypher Lords. The Medic uses parts from Sanistasia Minst, and the the BSF Navigator's backpack with some addons from the Mission Objectives Kit.
To underline the special operatives look I also added a lot of different pouches, equipment backpacks and grenades. My goal was to get different characters in a uniformed unit and I took care by the choice of the heads and weapons to achieve this.

I tried to raise my bar with this project and tried my best when it came to the paintjob. I choose, like always ;-P, a more desaturated colour scheme for the uniforms. Mostly cold blue- and brown-greys were used for this. The glowing parts and some details should do the contrast with warm colours like reds and oranges.


-------------------------------------------------------------- 

Whilst I build these Celgatta Operatives for the Primogenitor Invitational it was a spontanious idea to make the connection to my Ondroma campaign. I really like these troops and maybe I've searched subliminally for a way to get them involved in a real game. I usually have nearly no possibilities for gaming, for those who don't know it yet.   

Thank you very much for your visit and stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! I particularly like the one with the face mask and scanner, there's something slightly unsettling about him.
    These troops look like they'll be more than capable of holding their own in any environment with all their equipment and your choice of heads with their paint scheme gives a very business like feel to them.
    Top work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      The FW delaque heads are really cool and gives one that nice dark cyber-punk feeling. Personally I can't pick a favourite operative for myself, maybe because I designed them as an unit and their individual appearence supports each other.
      Best regards!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, those models are really another brilliant project of yours! While I may be able to figure out how you created the conversions from a technical standpoints, it's almost uncanny how "right" those models look: Like something that came straight from an actual kit. That, combined with your very recognisable style, turns these into yet another perfectly realised part of the 40k universe -- truly exceptional stuff!

    For me it's a tossup between the leader (best use of a Stormcast mask ever), the female member with the hood (I think I'll have to steal that idea) and the masked guy with the pistol and scanner -- in fact, scratch that: The latter is really a conversion for the ages. The pose just works so well!

    Brilliant stuff, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words! I really appreciate that and I'm glad you like 'em.

      I was inspired by various 40K novels where Mercenaries appear and I thought it would be nice to bring them on the table, but not just as the random bad guys. The plan was to create a cinematic inspired squad. Each model should appear like a stand-alone character, which is part of a uniformed unit. In the end it is hard to pick a favourite for me, which I count as a very good thing :-). But, the madman with the shotgun was the start of this project.

      Delete
  3. very nice job! I posted in your youtube channel. Maybe you are interested in our project Sistema28: Agile Rules for Playing Inq28
    www.sistema28.in
    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete