Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Brother Captain Ares

=]Brother Captain Ares[=
Blackshield of the Deathwatch.
Ordo Xenos
Status: classified

I hope you had a nice holiday season and a great start in the new year! I wasn't home for two weeks and I'm finally back at my hobby desk. This model is the last one I've finished in 2019 and also the start of my next warband.

It's basicly a Primaris Reiver with a Grey Knight torso and a custom SMG styled Bolter.
I really had a blast building and painting this model. I wanted something like a truescale marine and combined it with a tactical dreadnougt armour. The pose works quite well and it corrects the shoulder problem slightly. For the colour scheme I wanted to go for the classic one and tried some new techniques like creating texture with stippling.

Rock on guys and stay tuned! The Emperor protects.

2 comments:

  1. That's very cool. Like him a lot. Particularly the pale skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mark! I think it gives a good contrast to the black armour. The recipe is pretty simple: Rakarth Flesh, water diluted Bugmans Glow as a shade, Rakarth and Pallid Wych Flesh for the highlights ;-)

      Delete