Monday, November 4, 2019

They'll drag you to Commoragh!

Hello everyone,

sorry for the lack of updates, but I am quite busy on all fronts these days. During the last weeks I made a satisfying start at building up my first (ever) 40K army. I love the Drukhari, their lore and their cruel elegance. So there was no doubt to choose this faction. Part one of my army will be a Haemonculus Coven.

One thing I really like about the Dark Eldar, espacially the Haemonculus, is the opportunities they offer for conversions. They are such a horrific and terrifying race that you can build some sinister creations.

Haemonculus
The first model I would like to show is a converted Haemonculus. I choose a female one, just because I've never seen one before. I used the lower half of the Nighthaunt Tomb Banshee and replaced the torso. I really wanted to have that hoovering look like the original model has.

Wracks
I build up two units of Wracks. Each unit contains 5 Wracks each. I like the official models, but after reading the truly awesome 'Path of the Dark Eldar' novels from Andy Chambers, I just had a quite different vision for these servants. So I converted and kitbashed my own version of them. They are based on Crypt Ghoul torsos and Kabalite Warrior legs. I used masks from the Daughters of Khaine and heads from the Spite-Revenants. Arms were token from nearly every aelven-like kit I have.


Cronos Parasite Engine
Next I wanted to create an alternate version of the Cronos. I wanted to create a tall, nightmarish, creepy monster. I combined a lot of different parts from Tyranid Warriors, Wraithguards, Canoptek Wraiths, Helions and many more various bits to bring my vision to life. And I really love my sinister looking creation.

As always, thank you very much for your visit and stay tuned!

11 comments:

  1. Man, I really love your Eldar conversions. Very inspiring! Could I ask what color of grey you used for the Cronos? I love the way the blue, grey, and light flesh look together. Great work! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Glad you like it!
      I used Vallejo's german Grey for the grey armour parts. For the edge highlights I added a bit white to the grey. I also used GW Black contrast paint to blackline the recesses. Quite simple ;-)
      Sorry for the late reply and best regards!

      Delete
    2. Love the brown/tan you chose for the flayed flesh tabards as well - do you remember what colours you used for that as well? Amazed at how much variation you get out of the different shades of grey as well, some really inspiring conversions and paint jobs on this blog so thanks for sharing

      Delete
  2. These are amazing! What torso did you use for the Haemonculus please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The model is based on a Nighthaunt Tomb Banshee. The Torso is from the Mortis Engine model, which I found separate on a bit-store on eBay ;-)

      Best regards!

      Delete
  3. Just wow... Love everything you did to this coven...Particually the Haemonculus model. Im having problems identifing all the parts you used for the Haemonculus. I know it based on the Tomb Banshee but could u list all the parts used for the Haemonculus?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing project. What are the spiky bits you used for the wrack backs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone what the spikes on the backs of the wracks are?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been so inspired by this, they look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good job ! Well done ! I also try, what did you use for the back of the wracks ?

    ReplyDelete