Friday, June 14, 2019

WIPs, Witches & Disco

Currently I am working on different time consuming projects, like a codex for a event I'm planning next year, preparing the upcoming release of KillTeam28 V.1 and writing a review of my first year back in hobby. These will get an extra post and information to each of this projects will follow soon.

But I'm also working on some minis, of course ;-)

First is an early WIP of a witch I'm working on. She will be part of a new Warband I'm planning and is also a chance to improve my sculpting skills. The foundation is the female model of the Dark Elves BB Team. The head is a Daemonette wtih antlers from a Blightking's helmet. This should help to give her a shamanic appearance. I'm really looking forward to continue this project.



Another concept I'm working on is also a female character. For now, this is just an AoS Sorceress and a breast-armour of the VanSaar Gangers. I really like how this turned out and provides a nice foundation to start from.


My recently finished Astartes Kill Team will get some reinforcement in form of two Infiltrator Marines. Again, these Primaris got some minor conversions. Most of that work was done on their weapons. The Infiltrator models are pretty cool, but the optics and sights on their Bolters are placed ridiculously, in my opinion. So I replaced their rifles with the Reiver Bolters. The first modification I made was adding a silencer, which I took from the Delaque-Gangers. The Bolters also received a Collapsible Stock, a Red-Dot styled sight, and a flashlight. These three parts were all made of the Mag/Scope bit of an Intercessor Bolt-Rifle. For the Stock I also needed a small round plastic rod. The last upgrade was a laser-marker which is simply the scope of a Fire Warrior's Pulse-Rifle.


I also managed to paint a few parts for these Models like the weapon-arms and heads and a backpack.



With the desire to try out something new, I took a look at some flouroscent Paints. These colours can easily be mixed with standard colours to vary their brightness. I used fluo green for lenses, pure flou orange for the lasers and a silver / fluo white mix for the flashlights. I finished these small areas by applying a layer of Gloss Medium. I really like this effect, but sadly you can only see this glowing effect with the use of a UV-light source. So, time for disco!




As always thank you very much for your visit, comment if you want to and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment