Monday, June 17, 2019

WIP - Namorra Prime Tribe / Blood Priestess

I continued the work on my latest Warband. This Warband will be something like a tribe.
After the decay of Namorra Prime, a planet in the Ondroma System, the population was forced to find new ways of living. This resulted in self-declared kingdoms, clans, tribes, nomads, cults and marauders, besides a very few remaining imperial strongholds. I really like the idea of a ragtag tribe with a strong family-like bond, that has developed over decades in the wildlands. This warband will also include some kids, which are rarely represented in the 40K Universe, but logically a big part of it, in my opinion. My goal for this warband is a sinister, grim dark appearence with a post-apocalytic touch. I finished the witch / shaman, shown in my last post and really looking forward to paint her.




To represent the Shaman's connection to nature and her enviroment, I thought a familiar in form of a 'pet' would be neat. A beast that scours throu the wilderniss and is actually known to be a dangerous hunter. I've searched for inspiration in my 'bitz-box' and found the new Khorne Flesh Hounds. I converted one of them by removing the spiky crest and the spikes on the tail. A ring was added to the collar and afterwards I used Vallejo's Dark Earth Texture Paint to create a fur-like surface. A surprisingly easy and quick job, that could induce me to create a whole pack of these hunters.





Furthermore, I am creating a Blood Priestess for a Malal Chaos Cult. This is a single-model project and she won't be part of one of my warbands. It's my first commission work and and a new experience for me. Usually I don't do commissions, but in this case I can do what I'm used to do and give it a try. Following some pictures of the progress so far.
 




Thank you very much for your visit and stay tuned! As always, I'm looking forward to your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment