Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Adeptus Mechanicus

My first attemp on an Adeptus Mechanicus character.

It's my modest contribution to an awesome challange which is currently running on Instagram. It is called the GrimDarkCards challange. You get drawn a random card of the awesome Dark-Millenium deck and bring it to life. A lot of talanted and known artists take part on this, so it is definitly worth to take a closer look! The challange runs till the end of march and I'm really looking forward to see all the amazing and hopefully different interpretations of John Blanches art.


I instantly started collecting bits and my vision on this project grows.I wanted to stay as close as possible to the original, but with a personal flavour of my own style and intention. In the end i'm very happy how she turns out.


I'm already creating a narrative background and plan some retinues
But first it's time to smash some paint on this mini. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work so far! The AdMech suite of cards strikes me as extremely promising for this particular challenge, whereas some of the other cards would probably be less ideal. Anyway, really looking forward to seeing the finished model! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me.

      I guess you're right. There are a lot of cards which are way harder to convert into a mini, in my opinion. I just didn't knew about that awesome card deck, before I stumbled over this challange. Shame on me! ;-)

      I already started painting this model and try to finish it within the next days. Stay tuned and best regards!

      Delete