Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Wolverines!

Another excursion into something different today. I spent the last days in the 1:72 scale world and created a small diorama. I wanted to make it as realistic as I could. And I think it turned out pretty neat for a first try. But take a look for yourself a bit later.

After creating the first 28mm terrain pieces of my Namorra Prime project, I'm searching for ways to pimp that scenery even more. So, this little project was mainly a lesson in different matirials, which I haven't used before. I learned a lot about how to handle them and how to combine them. I used seafoam trees, flocks and fake leaves for the first time and now I can create foliage in some new and easy ways. This was really helpful in increasing my skills.

The diorama I've created is a reference to the game CoD Modern Warfare 2. In one of the missions russian Speznas paratroopers invade the USA. There are no such speznas models on the market, so I've kitbashed some tiny 15mm plastic soldiers. It was a pain in the a*s. They are cast in soft plastic and the castings and moldlines are an absolut nightmare. However, that didn't stopped me doing this and I created these minis:
It took me two whole days from the first cut to the last brush stroke. Motivated by their appearence I started the diorama base and my workflow didn't stopped till it was done. I created trees, bushes and some small details like concrete barricades and speed limit signs. For those of you, which haven't played the game, here are some reference pictures:
 And now, to keep things short, here is my interpretation of that in a small 1:72 scale diorama.
Pretty pleased with my first attempt in creating a realistic diorama and it was a fun experiment. Please let me know what you think and thank you very much for your visit! Stay tuned and best regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment