Monday, January 14, 2019

Levia VI - KillTeam Board

My KillTeam Board is nearly finished. Painting process was really easy and was done pretty fast.


First I sprayed the board with Army Painter grey and brown spray. I decided to apply a layer of thinned down brown/ochre paint on the surface. Next step I decided to work with Army Painters Strong Tone. I thought it was a good idea to buy a big can of this 'wash'. But now I can say that I really don't like it. It gives a very shiny finish and needs nearly a whole day to dry completly, which slowed down the process. After this I coated it with a matt varnish . Next I mixed beige and stonegrey for a heavy drybrush. Last painting steps were the metal parts and plates. The plates were painted grey and I decided to give the metal a rusty look.


For weathering I planned a dusty enviroment and wanted to try out pigments.
I worked with pigments for the first time and I absolutly love em. Easy and fast for a great result. I think the rusty parts look pretty awesome. I applyed them with different methods and fixed the dry pigments with airbrush thinner.


I currently work on some terrain pieces like buildings and scatter terrain.








The Buildings are Necromunda Bulkhead Doors and mostly plasticcard.
The platform is made of plasticcard and Thermic Plasma Conduits. Various details were added to these builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment